Through one of my husband’s excellent sermons, the Holy Spirit reminded me how important prayer is. Everyone of us in the Creation/Evolution debate (including you all) is in the cross-hairs of the Adversary (I almost chickened out on starting this blog because of this reality).
Here’s how to pray for us:
- The Holy Spirit’s rule- we need this first for our own efforts to be worth the bother. Also, I pray each visitor clicking on my sites will be impacted by His power, preparing hearts and minds for the truth
- Protection- spirit, mind, emotions, body- both for safety and from temptations (don’t forget their marriages and children)
- Strength- courage, health, brain power
- Wisdom- the other side is looking for anything to show that we’re just crazies
- Guidance- think of us all a chess pieces, we may know what we’re doing this move, but only God can see what’s after that
- Compassion- when we are abused and insulted, it is tempting to either avoid people or “return the favor”. Neither is God’s call for us
- Changed lives- we aren’t doing this to share cool trivia or be anti-cultural. The whole point is to bring people to a transforming relationship with Jesus, their Creator God
- Joy- this study is the most fun I can imagine, but any ministry can be really draining. God doesn’t just save us, He fills us with life
You might pick one person to focus on for a time and then move on to someone else who has ministered to you. Don’t just focus on me (although I could use your prayers too), these others, like Ken Ham, Henry Morris III, Eric Hovind (and his dad), etc. are much more public and effective, so the bounty on their heads (and their families’) is way bigger.
To find more names, just go down the list of links I have. Every one of these sites is run by a real Christian who eats, breathes, and has a mortal body just like the rest of us. We need you!!!
Nine times in the Epistles (Letters of the New Testament) the author asked for prayer for them and their ministry. Here’s one example:
Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance [keeping at it] and supplication [begging] for all saints; and for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak. Ephesians 6:18-20